Saturday 6 April 2013

The Yorkshire Soap Company

This afternoon, as the sun was out, I decided to have a little drive out to Hebden Bridge. For those of you who have been before, you will know it is renowned for its quaint tea rooms, world-famous brass band, canal barges and shops packed full of handmade goods. 

One shop in particular, the +yorkshire soap company caught my attention. The shop front stands proudly on the main street with its crisp white signs, glittering window display full of soaps in cake stands, which from a distance, looks like a bakery window. As you get closer, you notice that the top floor of the shop has an open window releasing bubbles into the wind, which make their way down the main street infecting the town with its positive mood.


Once inside the shop, you are transported to a side street boutique in Paris as French music sings and fragrance awakens the senses. My eyes didn't know where to look! The large wooden tables and chestnut drawers that filled the shop space were not crammed with products, but by no means were the shelves minimal. A perfect balance of products on display allowed for a comfortable and spacious shopping experience, allowing you to stand at each counter for as long as you wanted, touching, smelling and admiring each little soap on display.  


After a lot of umming and aahing... I decided on 4 beautiful products and I couldn't wait to get them home to show you! 


In total, my purchase came to £13.00 - In my opinion, a fair price to pay for something so beautiful and I would expect to pay more for the quality of the products, and the boutique-feel experience. Great value for money too if you consider that they double up as room fragrance! The delicious smells permeate the paper bag and fill your room! 


How beautiful is that!? This is a 'Strawberry Scented Patisserie Style Soap'. The soaps are made as whole cakes and sliced to size and then placed in a beautiful cardboard basket (as pictured above). The cake soaps cost £5 per slice; one of the more expensive items I purchased but I am sure it will look beautiful on the side of the bath. I cannot wait to try this product, I love fruity smells and this is right up my street! Super sparkly and smells good enough to eat! (Don't worry, I didn't actually eat it, didn't fancy a mouthful of soap!) 


The second product was a 'Raspberry and Poppy Seed Soap Slice' Wow! This smells good, it has a lovely texture also. Each slice is cut from a 'loaf' of soap - I wish I could buy a whole loaf! It feels like it will be very moisturising as it melts to the touch and I think the poppy seeds will act as a great natural exfoliant. Again, another good-enough-to-eat fruit scent which cost £3 a slice.


After picking up these two fruity products, my nose was ready for something a bit different and I was blown away by the 'Almond Scented Botanical Bar' - One whiff of this bar and I knew it was meant to be! It smells like Disaronno Amaretto (which I love) and Battenburg cake, a delicious concoction! Again, I cannot wait to use this as it promises to be a natural exfoliator with crushed walnut shells, and a nourishing moisturiser with shea butter. This bar was £3.50 a slice.


Finally, I picked up a 'Sweet Cherry Pie Boule de Bain' bath ballistic. I love a good bubble bath, and I couldn't resist this treat which smells just like cherry bakewells and chocolate. Can you tell I prefer foody smells?! This was £2 and looks very pretty.


I came away very happy with my bag of yumminess and rushed home to begin using them! Please let me know if you would like a review on any of the individual products. If you are interested in trying products from the Yorkshire Soap Company, they have stores in Hebden Bridge and more recently, in York. Don't fear though if you can't make it to Yorkshire! You can also buy online: http://theyorkshiresoapcompany.co.uk/en/


Right - off to run a bath! 

Love Melanie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment