Tuesday 23 April 2013

A Girl With Tea

As a kick start to my 'healthy living' plan I went swimming with my good friend Amy on Sunday morning. It felt great to do something active at the weekend to vent all the adrenalin built up throughout the week (good adrenaline!)

It made me feel like I was using the most of my time and what better way than to do something you love with a good friend!? Fair enough, half the time I just float about pretending I am in the Olympic Synchronised Swimming Team but that's not the point!

I am really looking forward to seeing a noticeable improvement in my fitness levels and I can't wait to go on a run and not die of exhaustion!

So in addition to the exercise, I have been trying to be mindful of what I put into my body. I have reduced my coffees to 1 a day (2 if I need it!) and I am drinking more water. So far, I have had a few headaches due to the slash in daily caffeine but I know I will break through this barrier soon and my body, skin and mood will thank me for it!

I have found that the easiest way to drink more water, in replacement of coffee, is to sip on herbal tea. I seem to feel a little bit goody-two-shoes when I am drinking it and as though I am a health goddess! Which is great, because I strongly believe a big part of healthy living and being successful, is having a strong positive attitude.  I stocked up on some different varieties of herbal tea (just to keep things interesting!)


My favourite so far is the TwiningsTeaUK Echinacea and Raspberry - very refreshing and I love the smell! What on earth is Echinacea you say? I thought the same... apparantly it is a herbacous flower, belonging to the Daisy Family which claims to have medicinal benefits, increasing immunity levels, warding off colds and other infections. Double-purpose tea - healthy in every sense of the word!


I am also really enjoying 'Tea Pigs' in Super Fruit - a little more luxurious with silk pyramid bags, coming in packs of 15 at £4.50 each but I will only have these on occasions when I feel like a treat and in replacement of my Friday night 'Rekordilig' cider!

As you can see from the photo, fruit based teas are my favourite however, I love a good peppermint tea to mix things up a bit and I am trying some herbal / flower based ones as well.

What's your favourite herbal / fruit tea?

Love Melanie xx

2 comments:

  1. If you want to get into good teas I strongly recommend treating yourself to some goodies from Whittards in Leeds! They do just about everything you can think of and they're super tasty :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deffos fancy trying some Whittards! Going to pay them a visit next time I am in Leeds! Let me know if there are any flavours I should definitely try! xxx

    ReplyDelete