Thursday 4 April 2013

Blogspiration

Hi There!

I realise my first post was a tad brief at it was only meant to be an introductory one. So, I thought I would give you all a little more context around why I am starting this blog and the inspiration behind 'Melanie Rain'!

I guess the primary reason is because I love writing! Ever since I was a little girl, I used to always carry a bag - I remember one blue and white checked rucksack, which asides from my notebook, held a teddy bear and a poly pocket (remember those!?) I always doodled, scribbled and wrote reams and reams of random notes. As I and the contents of my bag have grown up, my teddy bear was replaced with a smart phone and poly pocket was replaced with lipstick. The one thing that didn't change however, was my old trusty notebook. In fact, I couldn't wait to begin this blog so that I could another excuse to buy more stationary!


Despite being a pen and paper girl at heart, I decided that I wanted to share my thoughts and ideas as it was a shame they were being locked up in the bottom of my bag so as a result, I decided to publish them on the world wide web!

These thoughts and ideas represent my passions and the things that I love in life. As I mentioned in my last post, I want to talk about anything from 'candles to cushions, nail art to necklaces, poetry to pets, shoes to smoothies, flowers to fashion, things for the home to things for the hair, lipsticks and all other things lovely'! So yes - this blog might be a bit random at times but hopefully there should be one common theme - everything will be beautiful!

Six years ago, during a trip to London, I picked up an amazing book called 'The Goddess Guide' by Gisele Scanlon - This book was jam packed full of tips and tricks regarding all the simple pleasures in life.


Gisele told me where to get the best coffee in Paris, which markets were the best in London for finding Vintage treasures, where to go for teeth whitening, how to navigate ebay and maximise sales, to tips on 'tipping' and how to cook the perfect eggs!


This book was such a delight to read and a real visual treat, and I still refer back to it on a frequent basis. Gisele created a text which inspired me to create my own 'Goddess Guide' and hopefully cause you to feel the same way I did whilst flicking the pages of her book.

Most importantly, I really want this blog to be a happy place where we can all inspire one another, encourage one another and share our ideas. Like a little community of secret sharing about the best things in life!

Love Melanie xx



No comments:

Post a Comment