Thursday 11 April 2013

Giorgio Armani Beauty Review


During a recent visit to Harvey Nichols, I was browsing all of the beautiful beauty products, when I noticed the Giorgio Armani stand. I realised I never really look at their products so decided to venture over for a nosey. I am so glad I did!

The products on display all looked so beautifully presented in their minimal packaging and I wanted to try everything! The most helpful shop assistant came to me after a couple of minutes, asking if she could help with anything. I began asking her about the different foundations, explaining my skin type, the effect and coverage I wanted to achieve and what I would be using it for.



The shop assistant, Jackie was so warm and friendly, she sat me down by a large mirror and began by cleansing my face to remove the make up I had on, added a deep skin nourishing serum and topped off with a moisturiser. I felt thoroughly pampered before she even began testing the foundation!

Jackie prepped my skin using the 'Light Master make up primer' (pictured above) which claims to 'create a mirror-like sheen which emphasises the cheek bones and contours of the face whilst toning down any uneven tones'. The primer glided onto my skin and sunk in a dream. The colour of the product is a beautiful iridescent fluid which you can wear on its own if you like or with a loose powder to achieve a natural dewy look. Jackie then proceeded to carefully match the different shades of 'Luminious Silk Foundation' with my skin tone and we both agreed that number 2 (pictured above)looked the most natural - hallelujah! I have finally found the perfect shade!

When Jackie had finished buffing the liquid foundation into my skin using a soft blending brush, she showed me in the mirror and I couldn't believe it! My skin looked as though it had been air brushed but still looked really natural and as though I wasn't wearing make up! I have to admit, at this point I embarrassed myself a bit by letting out a little squeak of delight before telling myself 'be cool Mel... you are a sophisticated young woman who shops in Harvey Nics all the time...'!

Jackie continued by applying a pressed face powder (which is also on my wish list - it felt like silk on the skin!), a beautiful dusty rose powdered blush, lashings of their 'eyes to kill' mascara in black and finished off with a slick of 'rouge d'armani' lipstick in 508 pink (pictured above).

I was so happy with the whole experience; the level of service I received and the products themselves. I think I have found my new favourite brand of foundation! Which I am really pleased about as they are hard to come by. The only thing that wasn't pleased was my bank balance as I walked away with the primer, foundation and lipstick. I cannot recommend these products highly enough though; you really do get what you pay for and a little really does go a long way, so I am convinced they are value for money!

If you would like me to do a foundation routine video, let me know in the comments below!

Love Melanie xx

www.armanibeauty.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment